πMiss
USA 2026 was recently πcrowned and the winner was the impressive ππΎ: πΈπ½Justus Kelley from Virginia.
But the name πJustus is actually a masculine name (and not to be mistaken for the similar sounding π⚖️Justice). π― Behind The Name says πJustus is, "is a Latin name meaning: just, lawful, upright. This name was borne by at least eight saints (e.g. πSaint Justus of Canterbury)."
πNameberryπ describes πJustus as, "More unusual than Justin, less word-like than Justice, this New Testament name could make an intriguing choice. After being off the popularity lists from 1904 to 1993, it is now being used in steady numbers. As of September 2026, Justus ranked π#1952 in US births in 2025 [according to SSA], peaked at π#589 in 1880."
A variant of it is the peculiar: πIustus. π¦
The
Lithuanian form is: πJustas — masculine even though it sounds feminine. π€
The feminine form of Justus BTN points out is: πJusta. π₯°
πNBπ says, "Justus ⬆️peaked for girls at π#2810 in 1995. As of September 2026, Justus ranked π#12501 in US births in 2025 [according to SSA]."
πCalifornia and πVermont are where the most Justuses live, including πTexas.
I love the name πJustus (although it's not a alternative of π⚖️Justice (one of my favorite names), I can't not see it as an extension of it π€·π½♀️). I like it for a girl π but... I like it just a little more for a boy. π But I would definitely use π⚖️Justice for a girl over πJustus — or go with the feminine form: πJusta (which is too cute!).
⭐FAMOUS & πNOTEWORTHY πJUSTUSES:
πJustus Sheffield ⚾ (pro. baseball player)
πJustus Pickett π¨π½ (model)
πJustus Bennetts π€ (singer)
πJustus Frantz πΉ (pianist)
πJustus Von Liebig π§ͺ (chemist)
ππSt. Justus of Beauvais
ππSt. Justus of Lyons
πSTATS ON THE NAME πJustus:
https://www.mynamestats.com/First-Names/J/JU/JUSTUS/index.html
☔πIRN RATING OF πJustus: π OR π π ππππππππ/ 10